Health & Safety-Reservation Policy & Retreat Guidelines
“Nurture Your Sanctuary Within”
Welcome back and thank you for choosing OM Sanctuary. We look forward to having you join us and wanted to share a few things regarding your visit.
OM Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization situated on a 54-acre nature preserve, minutes from downtown Asheville, NC. Our unique center has a rustic elegance with a quiet zen-like experience awaiting you. We have a forest trail, serenity labyrinth garden and rooms with natural views.
During these challenging and uncertain times with the spread of COVID-19, we followed the state mandates close in March 2020. We have decided to take this important pause to restore and update our programs and facility. Our mission is to inspire healthy lifestyle practices through holistic education and connection to nature. Providing a place for individuals to retreat and find respite for self care while connecting with nature in a safe environment is essential at this time.
We are reopen on JUNE 2021 in a thoughtful and phased approach. All programs, classes and wellness services currently listed on the website may not be available during our reopening. For the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, we are following strict COVID-19 protocols and have made modifications to services, meals, programming and protocols that will impact your stay. We ask that you please read the policies around masks and other protocols below.
About your visit…
During your retreat with us every morning you will receive breakfast, access to a morning class, garden stroll, and trails. Other wellness services may be available. Masks will be required in the hallway and common areas until you have situated yourself six (6) feet away from all other visitors. Please review the Reservation and Cancelation Policy at the bottom of the page.
- Zen-like Quiet Stay – While you are enjoying the beauty the sanctuary provides it is nice to note our Retreat Service Agents (RSAs) are on limited hours to keep everyone’s exposure at a minimum. Additional details will be provided in a “Welcome Letter” sent prior to your arrival.
- Check – It will be at 4:00PM and Check Outs will be 11:00AM. A $25 Early check-in or late check-out fee (after 11AM) may be applied if reserved in advance and if available.
- Breakfast – a boxed vegan breakfast will be served at 9:00 AM in our Lobby with outside patio or tables for dining. Unfortunately we are unable to offer our buffet at this time. Additional meals are available by other local vendors for delivery.
- Holistic Class – A Morning Class will be available at 10:30 AM with donation requested. Instructor will meet you at the Serenity Garden. We offer classes such as mindful forest walking, meditation, qi gong or tai chi. Different classes will be available based on instructor availability.
- Dawn to Dusk – The garden and trails are open once it is light and closes 1-hour before it is dark. Bring nature based clothing and footwear for uneven pathways and trails. Enjoy our surroundings but be aware this is a natural forest setting – so be aware of potential harm from plants and animals . More policies below.
- WIFI – available in common areas. Wandering wifi in the Main Pavilion Building.
- RETREAT – Our sanctuary is about renewal from a fast paced world. Rooms come without TV and other electronics and we ask you to help keep our environment peaceful so please plan to use headphones.
- SMOKE FREE: Pipes, e-cigs, vapors, hookahs, etc., are all included in our non-smoking policy.
- PET-FREE: Only ADA approved service animals
- CHILDREN: Children over 12 years of age are welcome. We do offer special programming for all ages, however, this is unavailable at this time .
COVID-19 HEALTH GUIDELINES
Strict COVID-19 health standards and guidelines are implemented for your safety and the safety of others.
- IF you have been exposed in the last two weeks to a COVID-19 positive person, we ask you to please MOVE your reservation to another date. We have a thermometer onsite to help monitor symptoms.
- IF, you have a fever on your day of planned travel, to please reschedule your reservation to protect our employees and their families.
- MASKS are required at all times in hallways and all common areas until you have situated yourself 6 feet away from others outside of your party. Even when spaced apart, we ask you to wear them when you are about to pass a person.
- WASH and sterilize your hands continually while visiting.
RESERVATION and CANCELATION POLICIES
As a non-profit, OM Sanctuary retreat center’s financial position has been heavily hurt by the challenges we have faced due to the pandemic restrictions and mandated closures. IF, you need to cancel, please consider donating the funds to our organization. Your gift will help alleviate the loss in revenue we are currently facing.
- PAYMENT: Reservation payments and 13% fee is taken in full at the time your reservation is made to secure your stay with us.
- CANCELATION: Any reservation canceled seven (7) days prior to 4 PM on your arrival date is reimbursed MINUS a 10% processing fee. Please consider donating your payment to our organization to help us through these challenging times.
- NO REFUND is available if your request is after the seven (7) days prior to your arrival date.
- CANCELATIONS FROM THIRD PARTY BOOKING SERVICES: With room(s) reserved through another website other than omsanctuary.org such as booking.com, expedia.com, hotels.com, etc., YOU CAN ONLY CANCEL your reservation directly through that particular website. 10% processing fee will be applied.
- REQUEST TO MOVE A RESERVATION: If you need to move your reservation, the rates may be subject to change depending on the dates you request.
- GIFT CERTIFICATES: Gift certificates must be applied BEFORE making a reservation. Email [email protected] to assist with your reservation. Gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Filming and Photography: OM Sanctuary is pleased retreatants document their visit. Please be mindful to honor the privacy of other retreatants.
- Lost and Found Policy: OM Sanctuary is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items. Should any guests lose personal belongings during their stay, if recovered, the item will be recorded as ‘Lost Property’ and will be placed in Lost & Found. Guest Services will make a reasonable effort to contact the guest if an item is left in the room after the guest has checked-out. OM Sanctuary ships Lost & Found items the first week of the month and will ship items back at the owner’s expense plus a $20 handling fee. If the item would like to be picked up by the owner, this must be done so between 8:30am – 4:30pm to be arranged with our Guest Services Supervisor. Any items in the Lost & Found, which are not claimed within thirty (30) days, will be donated or discarded.
- Zero Tolerance Policy: OM Sanctuary has a zero tolerance policy in which it will reserve the right to refuse service and/or accommodation or may remove a person who: while on the premise acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy campus property and/or person, causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance, refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services, or violates campus policies.
- Environmental Fee Policy: OM Sanctuary reserves the right to limit the number of persons who may occupy a particular guest room and will only allow registered guests to use its facilities. A person who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the room or any furniture or furnishings on the property, shall be liable for damages, including any loss of revenue resulting from the inability to book rooms while the damage is being repaired.
NOTE: Rates are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.