Opening Fall off 2021 ~ Currently Under Renovations ~ Join Newsletter for Updates
Renovating Sanctuary Woodland Cottages
Our mission is to inspire healthy lifestyle practices through holistic education and connection to nature. Below is a few things regarding your visit.
OM Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization situated on a 54-acre nature preserve, minutes from downtown Asheville, NC. Our unique center has a rustic elegance with an Inn-like experience awaiting you. We have a forest trail, serenity labyrinth garden and rooms with natural views.
Opening Fall 2021 in a thoughtful and phased approach. All programs, classes and wellness services currently listed on the website will be modified in the reopening. For the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, we have decided to open the Woodland Cottages for a personal Sanctuary Cottage Retreat. The cottages have private entrances with private porches including a cozy gas fireplace. All lodging has access to a community kitchen. The kitchen will be available by sign up only on a first come first serve basis. Cleaning protocols will be in effect. This retreat will offer a curriculum found in each cottage offering self-guided mind-fullness techniques as well as yoga mats to for guest usage. There will be an outdoor mid-day centering class held by OM Sanctuary staff. Massage will be available by appointment only and every retreatants has access to our 42 acre Nature Preserve.
ABOUT YOUR VISIT…
During your retreat with us you will be responsible for dressing appropriate for the weather and guests are responsible for all your meals. Masks will be required if passing another guest if less six (6) feet away from them. Please review the Reservation and Cancelation Policy at the bottom of the page.
- 7- Day Sanctuary Cottage Retreat – While you are a guest enjoying the beauty of the sanctuary we will provide access to a Retreat Service Agent (RSAs) on limited hours, to keep everyone’s exposure at a minimum. The RS Agent will be behind the desk between 2:00p (two) to 4:00p. All other inquiries and reservations will be made by phone between 10:00a to 4:00p call 828.252.7313 leave a message with a time you are available for a return call.
- Wifi ~ Cottage are wifi free to offer all OM Sanctuary retreants EMF (Electrical Magnetic Radiation Frequency) protection. Guests who need access to wifi do so through free apps such as Hot Spot from their own personal phones.
- OM Sanctuary is a pet-smoke-drug and wife free facility.
- Housekeeping does towel refresh on the third day of your retreat.
COVID-19 HEALTH GUIDELINES
Strict COVID-19 health standards and guidelines are implemented for your safety and the safety of others.
- IF you have been exposed in the last two weeks to a COVID-19 positive person, we ask you to please MOVE your reservation to another date. We have a thermometer onsite to help monitor symptoms.
- IF, you have a fever on your day of planned travel, to please reschedule your reservation to protect our employees and their families.
- MASKS are required at all times in hallways and all common areas until you have situated yourself 6 feet away from others outside of your party. Even when spaced apart, we ask you to wear them when you are about to pass a person.
- WASH and sterilize your hands continually while visiting.
RESERVATION and CANCELATION POLICIES
IF, you need to cancel, please consider donating the funds to our organization. Your gift will help alleviate the loss in revenue we are currently facing.
- PAYMENT: Reservation payments and 18% retreat occupancy fee is taken in full at the time your reservation is made to secure your stay with us.
- CANCELATION: Any reservation canceled fourteen (14) days prior to 4 PM on your arrival date is reimbursed MINUS a 10% processing fee. Please consider donating your payment to our organization to help us through these challenging times.
- NO REFUND is available after the fourteen (14) days after 4 PM prior to your arrival date.
- CANCELATIONS FROM THIRD PARTY BOOKING SERVICES: With room(s) reserved through another website other than omsanctuary.org such as airbnb, booking.com, expedia.com, hotels.com, etc., YOU CAN ONLY CANCEL your reservation directly through that particular website. 10% processing fee will be applied.
- REQUEST TO MOVE A RESERVATION: If you need to move your reservation with specific dates, the rates may be subject to change depending on the dates you request. Moving your reservation may only happen once if a request is made a second time the payment will be forfeited and applied to the forest restoration initiatives.
- DAMAGE TO OR MISSING OM SANCTUARY PROPERTY: A list of items in each room is visibly displayed. An inventory is done before each guests arrivals and then again upon guest departure. Guests are responsible for any items taken from the cottage rooms. Per the signed registration card, any damages to the room will be subject to reimbursement.
- DAMAGE CLAUSE: OM Sanctuary reserves the right to limit the number of persons who may occupy a particular guest room and will only allow registered guests to use its facilities. A person who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the room or any furniture or furnishings on the property, shall be liable for damages, including any loss of revenue resulting from the inability to book rooms while the damage is being repaired.
- Filming and Photography: OM Sanctuary is pleased retreatants document their visit. Please be mindful to honor the privacy of other retreatants.
- Lost and Found Policy: OM Sanctuary is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items. Should any guests lose personal belongings during their stay, if recovered, the item will be recorded as ‘Lost Property’ and will be placed in Lost & Found. Retreat Agents will make a reasonable effort to contact the guest if an item is left in the room after the guest has checked-out. OM Sanctuary ships Lost & Found items the first week of the month and will ship items back at the owner’s expense plus a $20 handling fee. The item may be picked before the 30 day time frame is up by the owner, this must be done so on weekdays between 2:00pm – 4:30pm. Call in advance. Any items in the Lost & Found, which are not claimed within thirty (30) days, will be donated or discarded.
- Zero Tolerance Policy: OM Sanctuary has a zero tolerance policy in which the organization will reserve the right to refuse service and/or accommodation or may remove a person who: while on the premise acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy campus property and/or person, causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance, refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services, or violates campus policies.
NOTE: Rates are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.
March 2020 Message – Our hearts and thoughts go out to those who have been affected by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic and we send a special appreciation to all those workers who are on the front line to contain the virus.
To support the suppression of the COVID-19 the virus, as well as to protect the health, and safety of our guests, employees, teachers, therapists and volunteers OM Sanctuary will be temporarily closed. Operations will be expected to reopen when we are advised to do so.
Please note, OM Sanctuary has canceled our large Earth Day event that was scheduled on April 18. As a way to receive inspiration and healthy life-style educational instruction, sign up for the OM Monthly Newsletter and follow us on FB (OM Sanctuary – Asheville, NC).
We will continue to vigilantly monitor information on the outbreak being broadcast from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as our own state of North Carolina DHHS and our Asheville local governing bodies Human Health Services Buncombe County.
We are staying flexible and will offer immediate communications and updates to our website during these times.
Here is an example of the steps we will maintain?
- The OM Sanctuary team will maintain the additional precautionary measures in place, increasing the already high standards for sterilizing and cleanliness when it is time to reopen.
- We have increased the frequency to disinfect and sterilize common surface areas which include light switches, door knobs, room keys, etc.
- Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the campus.
- If our staff and/or volunteers exhibit any flu-like symptoms, OM Sanctuary will advise them not to report to work.
Protect yourself and others:
- Sanitize: Practice frequent hand hygiene especially before and after eating and after using the restroom. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap/water are not readily available.
- Cover your mouth and/or nose when you cough or sneeze (with a tissue or your inner elbow, never your hand). Dispose of tissues and sanitize your hands.
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid physical contact that may transmit germs—refrain from shaking hands, hugging, touching, kissing, etc.
- Self-quarantine and DO NOT travel if you show signs of shortness of breath, coughing and fever. Seek professional help if you have these symptoms.
- Visit the CDC website for suggested prevention tips.
Best way to contact us is via email: [email protected]