September 16: Re-Opening Updates
OM Sanctuary Re-Opening Weekends 2020 Updates
Our mission is to inspire healthy lifestyle practices through holistic education and connection to nature. Below is a few things regarding your visit.
OM Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization situated on a 54-acre nature preserve, minutes from downtown Asheville, NC. Our unique center has a rustic elegance with an Inn-like experience awaiting you. We have a forest trail, serenity labyrinth garden and rooms with natural views.
We are re-open on September 18 in a thoughtful and phased approach for the remainder of 2020. All programs, classes and wellness services currently listed on the website may not be available during our reopening in 2020. For the health and safety of our guests, staff and community, we are following strict COVID-19 protocols and have made modifications to services, meals, programming and protocols that will impact your stay. We ask that you please read the policies around masks and other protocols below.
ABOUT YOUR VISIT…
During your retreat with us every morning you will receive breakfast, access to a morning class, garden stroll, and trails. Other wellness services may be available. Masks will be required in the hallway and common areas until you have situated yourself six (6) feet away from all other visitors. Please review the Reservation and Cancelation Policy at the bottom of the page.
- Inn-like Stay – While you are enjoying the beauty the sanctuary provides it is nice to note our Retreat Service Agents (RSAs) are on limited hours to keep everyone’s exposure at a minimum.
- Check-in – 4:00 PM and Check-out by 11:00 AM. A $25 Early check-in or late check-out fee (after 11 AM) may be applied if reserved in advance and if available.
- Breakfast – 9:00 AM boxed vegan breakfast will be served for pickup in our Lobby. Outside patio or indoor tables are available for dining. Unfortunately we are unable to offer our buffet at this time. Additional meals are available by other local vendors for delivery.
- Holistic Class – 10:30 AM morning class is available by donation. Instructor will meet you at the Serenity Garden. We offer classes such as mindful forest walking, meditation, qi gong or tai chi.
- Dawn to Dusk – The garden and trails are open once it is light and closes 1-hour before it is dark. Bring nature based clothing and footwear for uneven pathways and trails. Enjoy our surroundings but be aware this is a natural forest setting – so be aware of potential harm from plants and animals.
- ! GIFT CERTIFICATES: Gift certificates for 2020 will be extended into 2021. As we recover our finances after the closers, GC are unavailable for use on October weekends. Additionally, they are unavailable during New Years weekend. Email [email protected] to assist with your reservation. Gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash.
- WIFI – available in common areas. Wandering wifi in the Main Pavilion Building.
- RETREAT – Our sanctuary is about renewal from a fast paced world. Rooms come without TV and other electronics and we ask you to help keep our environment peaceful so please plan to use headphones.
- SMOKE FREE: Pipes, e-cigs, vapors, hookahs, etc., are all included in our non-smoking policy.
- PET-FREE: Only ADA approved service animals
- CHILDREN: Children over 12 years of age are welcome. We do offer special programming for all ages, however, this is unavailable at this time .
COVID-19 HEALTH GUIDELINES
Strict COVID-19 health standards and guidelines are implemented for your safety and the safety of others.
- IF you have been exposed in the last two weeks to a COVID-19 positive person, we ask you to please MOVE your reservation to another date. We have a thermometer onsite to help monitor symptoms.
- IF, you have a fever on your day of planned travel, to please reschedule your reservation to protect our employees and their families.
- MASKS are required at all times in hallways and all common areas until you have situated yourself 6 feet away from others outside of your party. Even when spaced apart, we ask you to wear them when you are about to pass a person.
- WASH and sterilize your hands continually while visiting.
RESERVATION and CANCELATION POLICIES
As a non-profit, OM Sanctuary retreat center’s financial position has been heavily hurt by the challenges we have faced due to the pandemic restrictions and mandated closures. IF, you need to cancel, please consider donating the funds to our organization. Your gift will help alleviate the loss in revenue we are currently facing.
- PAYMENT: Reservation payments and 13% fee is taken in full at the time your reservation is made to secure your stay with us.
- CANCELATION: Any reservation canceled seven (7) days prior to 4 PM on your arrival date is reimbursed MINUS a 10% processing fee. Please consider donating your payment to our organization to help us through these challenging times.
- NO REFUND is available if your request is after the seven (7) days prior to your arrival date.
- CANCELATIONS FROM THIRD PARTY BOOKING SERVICES: With room(s) reserved through another website other than omsanctuary.org such as booking.com, expedia.com, hotels.com, etc., YOU CAN ONLY CANCEL your reservation directly through that particular website. 10% processing fee will be applied.
- REQUEST TO MOVE A RESERVATION: If you need to move your reservation, the rates may be subject to change depending on the dates you request.
- Filming and Photography: OM Sanctuary is pleased retreatants document their visit. Please be mindful to honor the privacy of other retreatants.
- Lost and Found Policy: OM Sanctuary is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items. Should any guests lose personal belongings during their stay, if recovered, the item will be recorded as ‘Lost Property’ and will be placed in Lost & Found. Guest Services will make a reasonable effort to contact the guest if an item is left in the room after the guest has checked-out. OM Sanctuary ships Lost & Found items the first week of the month and will ship items back at the owner’s expense plus a $20 handling fee. If the item would like to be picked up by the owner, this must be done so between 8:30am – 4:30pm to be arranged with our Guest Services Supervisor. Any items in the Lost & Found, which are not claimed within thirty (30) days, will be donated or discarded.
- Zero Tolerance Policy: OM Sanctuary has a zero tolerance policy in which it will reserve the right to refuse service and/or accommodation or may remove a person who: while on the premise acts in an obviously intoxicated or disorderly manner, destroys or threatens to destroy campus property and/or person, causes or threatens to cause a public disturbance, refuses or is unable to pay for the accommodations or services, or violates campus policies.
- Environmental Fee Policy: OM Sanctuary reserves the right to limit the number of persons who may occupy a particular guest room and will only allow registered guests to use its facilities. A person who negligently or intentionally causes damage to the room or any furniture or furnishings on the property, shall be liable for damages, including any loss of revenue resulting from the inability to book rooms while the damage is being repaired.
NOTE: Rates are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.
March 2020 Message – Our hearts and thoughts go out to those who have been affected by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic and we send a special appreciation to all those workers who are on the front line to contain the virus.
To support the suppression of the COVID-19 the virus, as well as to protect the health, and safety of our guests, employees, teachers, therapists and volunteers OM Sanctuary will be temporarily closed. Operations will be expected to reopen when we are advised to do so.
Please note, OM Sanctuary has canceled our large Earth Day event that was scheduled on April 18. As a way to receive inspiration and healthy life-style educational instruction, sign up for the OM Monthly Newsletter and follow us on FB (OM Sanctuary – Asheville, NC).
We will continue to vigilantly monitor information on the outbreak being broadcast from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as our own state of North Carolina DHHS and our Asheville local governing bodies Human Health Services Buncombe County.
We are staying flexible and will offer immediate communications and updates to our website during these times.
Here is an example of the steps we will maintain?
- The OM Sanctuary team will maintain the additional precautionary measures in place, increasing the already high standards for sterilizing and cleanliness when it is time to reopen.
- We have increased the frequency to disinfect and sterilize common surface areas which include light switches, door knobs, room keys, etc.
- Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the campus.
- If our staff and/or volunteers exhibit any flu-like symptoms, OM Sanctuary will advise them not to report to work.
Protect yourself and others:
- Sanitize: Practice frequent hand hygiene especially before and after eating and after using the restroom. Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap/water are not readily available.
- Cover your mouth and/or nose when you cough or sneeze (with a tissue or your inner elbow, never your hand). Dispose of tissues and sanitize your hands.
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid physical contact that may transmit germs—refrain from shaking hands, hugging, touching, kissing, etc.
- Self-quarantine and DO NOT travel if you show signs of shortness of breath, coughing and fever. Seek professional help if you have these symptoms.
- Visit the CDC website for suggested prevention tips.
Best way to contact us is via email: [email protected]