Transforming Cotton Cloth w/ Dye
Date(s) - 04/14/2018
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Instructor: Jessica Kaufman
Day: April 14, 2018
Location: Multipurpose Room
Tuition: $40 advance/$55 per day (materials included)
In this class participants will:
- Enjoy an immersive, guided exploration with Jessica Kaufman, owner of Waxon Studio, through the infinite possibilities of dye and cotton!
- Use professional-grade, low-impact liquid dyes, and 100% cotton cloth.
- Your instructor will offer an overview of multiple ways to create pattern and depth on a piece you will make and take home.
- Require some standing while working on your piece, during this very hands-on class.
- Receive in-depth instruction on how to prepare fabrics for dyeing, how the dyes work, and different ways to fold/twist/scrunch/bind your fabric from dyeing traditions across the world.
- Discuss ice dye, shibori, and batik!
Instruction brings the enjoyment of two hours of joy-filled learning and a handmade treasure to bring home.
Participants can: choose between a cotton t-shirt (let us know what size you’d like by emailing us) or a 27” square wall-hanging. Tuition price includes class, materials, and access to OM Sanctuary’s 54-acre campus, with contemplative destinations from 3p-7p (one hour before and after).
Registration Questions? Contact Jessica Kaufman: [email protected]
Cancellation Policy: This is a Bring Your Program. OM Sanctuary is not held responsible for refunds/cancellations. Contact the Organizer.