Food, Health and Longevity
Date(s) - 05/31/2015 - 06/07/2015
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Staying well in the 21st century
Sunday, May 31 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (lunch and juicing)
Friday, June 5th 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm (“GMO OMG” screening)
Sunday, June 7th 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (lunch and juicing)
Weeknight individual consultations 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Location: Sanctuary Trillium Room
Tuition: $275.00 (lodging not included)
Early registration (by April 30th) $250.00
Registration: Email [email protected]
This event is limited to 16 participants, so please register early.
► A la carte options and pricing:
Sunday, May 31st with 10-day diet detox plan: $90.00
Sunday, June 7th with 10-day diet detox plan: $90.00
Friday, June 5th movie screening, hor d’oeuvres, and Q & A with director Jeremy Seifert: $20.00
Sunday event, 10-day diet detox, plus one-on-one physician consultation: $150.00
Transform your diet. Take control of your health. Prevent chronic illness. Feel better.
This program includes an intensive food detoxification program, two days of informative seminars by Angela Hind, MD., one on-one physician consultations to address individual participants dietary issues, and detailed guidelines to detoxify your environment. A private screening of the award-winning food documentary, GMO OMG” with director Jeremy Seifert is also included. All programs will be held at Asheville’s beautiful OM Sanctuary, where you are welcome to book lodging, rejuvenate, or simply enjoy the gardens.
In a small seminar setting we will explore:
- Food as your medicine – the right diet for health and how to follow it
- Food and your gut – intestinal health and your well-being
- Food for the prevention and treatment of chronic disease — from diabetes to cancer, food matters
- Food and the immune system — galvanizing your bodies defenses
- Food and brain health — the new science of mind and body
- Industrial food, corporatized medicine — how our modern world makes us sick
- A private screening of the award-winning food documentary GMO OMG, and a Q&A with director Jeremy Seifert
- A Ten Day Diet Detox — jump start your path to health
- How to detox your environment to prevent disease
- The health value of high nutrient juicing
- Movement and health — exploring Tai Chi with special guest instructors
- The art of being Human — weaving a life of helpful health habits
Program Instructor: Angela Hind, MD. practiced traditional Internal Medicine for 17 years. In 2007, when an illness catapulted her into the role of patient rather than physician, she became acutely aware of the health impacts of our industrial food and its role in chronic disease. Her journey took her to pure food and avoidance of toxins as the primary answer to modern society’s health crisis. In 2012 she began additional training in Functional Medicine — the personalized medical approach to the prevention and treatment of chronic disease, utilizing nutrition, toxin avoidance, and stress reduction. In 2014 she opened You, MD., a pure food and toxin avoidance consulting business.
“Our industrial food and medical systems are failing our health. We must move toward the most effective way of reclaiming our health; a path grounded in accurate information that emphasizes food, toxin avoidance and community as the essential ingredients to good health.” Angela Hind, MD. www.you-md.com
Program Assistant: Jennifer Seifert is a mother of three on her own journey towards a pure food diet. She is excited to add her administrative skills and hard work to make this seminar a memorable one for participants. She is an avid pure food cook on a quest to grow much of her own food in her backyard garden. She recently moved to Asheville from California.