Date(s) - 07/21/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Faculty: OM Sanctuary & Community Educators
Date: Saturdays, 2018
Time: 3:00p – 4:00p
Location: Trillium Room
Sliding Tuition: $5 – $35 Pay what you can. Please Note: $15 supports this program. $20 + supports those who pay less than $15.
Registration Required: Click Here
Sip a complimentary chai tea and gather with a qualified professional(s) who will share leading edge knowledge in the form of presentations on health, wellness and sustainability. The educational content will be inspired by one of OM Sanctuary’s six educational categories including: Wisdom & Inspiration, Mindful Practices, Health & Wellness, Sustainable Living, Transformational Arts, and Personalized Retreats. AppalaChai is a sponsor of this program.
- 11.9.19 Deep Listening, Art of Holding Space: Brian Relph ~ Explore the simple yet profound gift of deep listening. Being heard is a deeply healing experience which can be rare in our culture of busyness and quick fixes. This is an opportunity to strengthen our ability to simply be present for those who need us and to learn to trust that we are enough.
- 11.16.19, Goal Trauma: Lisa Lemley ~ In this presentation, powerful interactive exercises will be explored to uncover and clear a past experience that may be interfering with the students’ ability to set and/complete goals. These processes are designed to Identify a negative event in the participant’s life that has eroded their belief and trust in themselves and in what is possible, then shift their energy and enthusiasm to believe, once again, and spring into new action.
- 11.23.19, New Year’s Sankalpa: JeanMarie Murphy ~ Achieving self directed life or wellness goals takes a real commitment to mindfulness and a deep dedication to working with our natural resources. Blending the power and energetics of one’s sacred intention (or Sankalpa) into the year that is ending and the one on the horizon, can lead one to a more engaged achievement of the life they wish to live. Participants will be guided through a dynamic process (blending interactive guided imagery and Yoga Nidra) that can be employed on daily basis to help close out this current year with an eye towards achieving the goals and lifestyle changes they would like to commit to in the new year to come.
- 11.30.19, Thai Partner Yoga: Ranpreet Kaur~ Learn some simple, fun, and effective Thai Massage techniques participants can share with their partner, friends, and family! Individuals will learn a sequence that could be made into a full hour treatment if so desired. Bring a friend, partner or come by yourself! Instructional handouts will be provided. All individuals are welcome and attending with a partner is unnecessary.
- 10.13.18, Essential Living: Sarah Skinner ~ Essential oils have truly incredible healing properties for bodies, minds, and spirits! Participants will learn the benefits of different oils and how to use them topically in the form of a roller ball. Each participant will be able to choose different essential oils and blend a personalized roller ball! Blends range from stress/anxiety relief to back pain/inflammation relief. *($10 material fee)
- 10.20.18, Empowerment & Affirmations: Alexis Barris ~ Tapping into how to unfold the true and best person within and learning to cultivate a world of truths is the focus of this session with movement and healing artist Alexis Barris. Whether focusing on self and/or on others, step into the power that is calling. Participants will learn step-by-step tools on how to trust the guide already within! Be ready for a steady, balanced life of abundant miracles.
- 10.27.18, Cranial Sacral: Nikki Rosen ~ Craniosacral Work and what it feels like to be in stillness will be explored during this Chai Chat. Healing is enhanced and supported by being more fully present in life and in the body. Craniosacral Work uses gentle touch to facilitate calming of the nervous system,which benefits the health of the body-mind-spirit. *(10 mins. of Cranial Sacral demo for first 5 participants to sign up)*
- 11.03.18, Crocheting for the Heart: Lisette Gallaher ~ During this chilly fall afternoon hearts and spirits can be warmed through the flow of crocheting. What it means to enter a “state of flow” will be discussed, creative crocheting techniques will be used to really be ~hooked~ into the work. A “state of flow” is a meditative mental state that allows for calming clarity and reflection as one is fully immersed in the task at hand: crocheting! Yarn and crochet hooks will be provided (for a small material fee), and all levels of experience with crocheting and fiber arts are welcome!”
- 11.10.18, Healing Trauma through Self Love & Gratitude: Janese Derrough ~ Trauma can stay in the body for years after an incident, affecting how one is responding to the now. This talk will address how trauma affects many years later, and how to utilize positive tools to move beyond the effects of trauma in daily life. Janese has not only overcome much trauma through self-love and gratitude, but has studied trauma, and assisted many towards a more empowered and full life.
- 11.17.18, Raw Cacao Indulgence: Brynda Bechtold ~ Come feel the love and learn the value of raw cacao. Tastes will span from the basic bitter to the synergistic melding of natural flavors. Enjoy and savor four Mannaplanet treats: Orange Sunshine Macaroons, Rock Stars, Hempnosis Mint Tarts and Brazil Caramels. Learn the health aspects of heirloom raw cacao and how it impacts the endocannabinoid system. There will be a time of cacao contemplation complemented by a reishi cacao elixir. Mannaplanet treats will be available for purchase.
- 11.24.18, ~ No Chai Chats this week due to being Thanksgiving weekend
- 06.16.18, Daily Serenity: Elle Jai Taylor~ It can be challenging to practice yoga & meditation with a busy schedule so come learn some quick tips and tools that will intersperse balance, calmness and serenity into anyone’s day. In this presentation, the participants will learn how to bring peace and mindfulness into everyday life within only 15-60 seconds. Bring some sticky notes!!
- 06.30.18, Introduction to Meditation: Marcel Anders-Hoepgen~ In this Chai Chat, learn to understand what meditation is and how to reach this state of mind. The benefits of a regular practice will be discussed, along with different traditions and exercises and how to set up a consistent meditation practice.
- 06.23.18, The Power of Breath: Marcel Anders-Hoepgen~ In the Siddha-Nath Tradition of Yoga, breath is regarded as the most powerful tool, to still the mind, reach physical, emotional and mental clarity and perfection. Learn about the innumerable benefits of proper breathing and Pranayama (the science of breath/energy control)
- 07.07.18, Astrology of the Eclipse Season: Virginia Rosenberg~Every 6 months, we experience an eclipse portal. Eclipses come in pairs, and sometimes triplets. They hold major astrological influence and set the tone for the different chapters of life for 6-18 months. Come learn about the astrology of eclipses in general and the partial solar eclipses of July 13 and August 11 in particular. See how the themes apply to life and how to best align with the cosmic energies afoot.
- 07.14.18, Somatic Mindfulness: Caroline Richardson~This chai chat will be an experiential introduction to mindful embodiment, following the model of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (PRYT) – where relaxation meets personal growth. Learn to create the intention and conditions to listen to the body (such a rich source for guidance and wisdom). A PRYT session is a fantastic way to “get out of the head and into the body”, and position oneself to receive transformative, empowering information from the deepest self. These sessions are normally conducted 1-on-1 (client/practitioner), but this experience will be modified so that each participant can take a journey of self-inquiry and receive the right medicine.
- 07.21.18, Soul Journaling: Nicole Buonocore~Give voice to the soul, everyone’s unique essence! Create a vision journal through a collage of images, sketches, paintings, written word, photos, lyrics poems and finds from nature. Fun will be had by all using this organic, spontaneous, & creative process to capture the unique visions for life. The journals will encompass abundance, health, spirituality, love, dreams, personal calling, career, bliss, sensuality, self-care, creativity, the home, family, travel, & anything else the soul may desire. ($10 material fee)
- 07.28.28, Learn How to Deal with the Mind: Marcel Anders-Hoepgen
The mind can be a best friend, or worst enemy. Understanding how the mind works, will give participants many easy possibilities to change the way life is. Or as the Buddha said “you create your world with your thoughts.”
- 08.04.18, Chi Empowerment: Celandine Miller ~ In this presentation, Chi or Universal life force energy will be discussed and explored. Also included will be basic principles and modern tools to balance Chi in order to live more fully. Chi overlaps and connects with ancient studies such as Reiki, Prana, chakras, meridians and Auras. Listening to the whole self and increasing health through raising daily Chi levels with action and thought will be the focus of this Chai Chat. Celandine Miller, LMBT, learned the ancient martial art of Tai Chi at age 5 and continues to use Chi to heal as a Massage Therapist and Thai Yoga Practitioner. She currently teaches the Yang style 24 form Tai Chi on Tuesdays at 9:30 at OM Sanctuary.
- 08.11.18, Catching One’s Breath: Christine Weise ~ The breath is often taken for granted. In this presentation participants will learn to incorporate simple breathwork into busy lives. Quality of breath is directly related to the level of energy during the day and how people feel moment by moment. In this presentation, there will be an overview of how breathing takes place. Several techniques will be offered for evolving the quality of breathing during the day. Information will be shared about how Ashtanga yoga and structural massage can contribute to improved breathing.
- 08.18.18, Making an Herbal Healing Salve: Susan Haas ~ Sustainability in life comes in many forms and creating handcrafted body care products is one of these. Feel the empowerment from knowing what is being put on the body, especially for healing purposes. Participants will learn the benefits of all of the ingredients being used in the healing salve that will be created during this session. This healing salve is great for cuts, scrapes, burns, chapped lips, new tattoos, etc. and each participant will take home a 1 oz tin of this powerful, yet gentle salve. ($5 material fee).
- 08.25.18, Empowerment & Affirmations: Alexis Barris ~ Tapping into how to unfold the true and best person within and learning to cultivate a world of truths is the focus of this session with movement and healing artist, Alexis Barris. Whether focusing on self and/or on others, step into the power that is calling. Participants are going to learn step-by-step tools on how to trust the guide already within! Be ready for a steady, balanced life of abundant miracles.
- 09.15.18, Living an Empowered Life!: Janese Derrough ~ The focus of this Chai Chat is creating more happiness with each new day! Learning to work with that inner magnetism can make a huge difference in all areas of life. When standing in this true inner strength, the magnetism and energy attract situations and people that add the ingredients to support a richer happier life. Participants will learn and implement all the tools needed to create more happiness. Janese Derrough is a nationally acclaimed Empowerment Guide teaching groups and individuals for over 30 years on areas of intuition, empowerment, vision boards, and mindfulness. She lives in Asheville, NC.
- 9.29.18, Raw Cacao Indulgence: Brynda Bechtold ~ Come feel the love and learn the value of raw cacao. Tastes will span from the basic bitter to the synergistic melding of natural flavors. Enjoy and savor four Mannaplanet treats: Orange Sunshine Macaroons, Rock Stars, Hempnosis Mint Tarts and Brazil Caramels. Learn the health aspects of heirloom raw cacao and how it impacts the endocannabinoid system. There will be a time of cacao contemplation complemented by a reishi cacao elixir. Mannaplanet treats will be available for purchase.
- 10.06.18, Chi Empowerment: Celandine Miller ~ In this presentation Chi or Universal life force energy will be discussed and explored. Basic principles and modern tools to balance Chi in order to live more fully will also be covered. Chi overlaps and connects with ancient studies such as Reiki, Prana, chakras, meridians and auras. Listening to the whole self and increasing health through raising daily Chi levels with action and thought will be the focus of this Chai Chat. Celandine Miller, LMBT learned the ancient martial art of Tai Chi at age 5 and continues to use Chi to heal as a Massage Therapist and Thai Yoga Practitioner. She currently teaches the Yang style 24 form Tai Chi on Tuesdays at 9:30am at OM Sanctuary.
Cancellation Policy: Registration is non-refundable. If you are unable to attend the program you registered for, your tuition fee can be transferred to another individual or go to support this program.
Bookings are closed for this event.