Asheville Yoga Festival: Anatomy Trains Workshop
Date(s) - 07/26/2018 - 07/29/2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Instructor: Michael Watson
Day: Thursday, July 26th
Location: Multipurpose Room
Tuition: Cost included in 4-day festival pass, Thursday immersion can be purchased separately: $120
In this class participants will:
- Learn anatomy in a holistic, relational, and practical way
- Begin with a new way to map the body in terms of cells, the fascial fabric, and the neuromyofascial web that creates the foundation for a fully embodied experience of moving and breathing yoga.
- Identify common postural patterns, as well as strategies for cueing to awaken parts of the body that may need work.
- Introduce you to the the Anatomy Trains map of myofascial meridians
- Explore the question of how are we shaped, and what shapes us.
On Michael: Beyond yoga, Pilates and Anatomy Trains teaching certifications, Michael leads advanced training programs, retreats & clinics worldwide. He has worked with athletes with disabilities at the Paralympic level & continues to develop ideas that integrate health, movement & wellness. As a certified teacher of Yoga, Pilates, functional anatomy & a degree in Sports science, Michael brings an in depth anatomic awareness to his clients.
Registration Questions? Contact Asheville Yoga Festival
OM Sanctuary is a Venue and Accommodations Sponsor of Asheville Yoga Festival. Lodging discounts are available. Contact us directly for the group rate on rooms.
Cancellation Policy: OM Sanctuary is not held liable for refunds/cancellations. Contact the Organizer.