Dreamers’ Ball Masquerade Fundraiser
Date(s) - 09/30/2017
7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Dreamers’ Ball 2017
“Celebrate the Dreamers’ Journey”
Join this night of magic and elemental allure with the theme of fire. Through the dreamtime of this evening, join us in the lighting up of OM Sanctuary’s 1st Annual Masquerade Fundraiser. Come see firsthand how this holistic educational retreat center ignites health and inspires through its mission. All proceeds from this fundraiser will further OM Sanctuary’s mission and continued growth.
- September 30, 7:00 -11:00 pm
- Location: 87 Richmond Hill Dr, 28806
- Keynote Speaker: Ozioma Egwuonwu of Burnbright
- Dreamers’ Ball Chair: Julie Mayfield
- General Dream Pass: $55 &$125 – Purchase
- VIP Pass & Sponsorships: Purchase
- Live music by Kat Williams, featuring Free Planet Radio and Tom Leiner instrumental set by Chris Rosser and River Guerguerian. Live music by I,Star
- ‘Cirque du OM’ flare with fire jugglers, stilt walkers, photo booth, sound bathing, intuitive reading, holistic treatments, transformational art, and other performers to dazzle and entertain
- Dreamer Tokens (provided with each pass and for purchase) are redeemable for holistic treatments, massage, intuitive readings and handcrafted elixirs
- Hors d’oeuvres
- Live Auction – “What’s it Worth” auction packages where donors are invited to contribute based on the impact of lives changed through scholarships and the holistic education at OM Sanctuary. View option packages
- VIP SPONSOR BENEFITS AT-A-GLANCE
- VIP Serenity Labyrinth Garden Reception: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Live Music
- Photo Opportunity with Keynote Speaker, Ozioma Egwuonwu of BurnBright, Founder of World Dream Day, International Motivational Speaker, Educator, and Transformational Strategist.
- Words from Chair, Julie Mayfield: member of the Asheville City Council and MountainTrue
- Presentation by Executive Team (Shelli Stanback, Founder/President; Jonathan Frappier, Executive Director)
- Board of Director and Community Catalyst Recognitions
- Hors d’oeuvres, beverages & elixirs
- VIP Lounge
- Your donation helps us further the organizations mission, sustainable stewardship efforts and allows us to continue to serve all income levels through charitable services and scholarships. Gift Donation
Keynote Speaker: Ozioma Egwuonwu of BurnBright, Founder of World Dream Day, international motivational speaker, educator, and transformational strategist is the riveting keynote speaker for this fundraising event. Ozioma has spoken at global venues such as the United Nations and delivered inspiring motivational addresses at numerous conferences, including the Grace E. Harris Women’s Leadership Conference, SXSW Interactive Festival, Social Media Week and TEDxBrooklyn. She has also been honored as an innovator on NBC, and made guest appearances on CBS, ABC, FOX and MSNBC.
In conjunction with World Dream Day DREAM TO ACTION DAY-LONG INTENSIVE ~ Sunday, October 1 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. For any desire to advance, it must first be activated. The Dream to Action Intensive will support you in generating the energetic sparks required to advance your ideas, goals and dreams. Join international speaker and visionary creator of World Dream Day, Ozioma Egwuonwu, as she guides you on a journey of transforming your ideas, goals and dreams into tangible steps towards your desired reality.
During this one of a kind intensive you will declare:
- An idea, goal or dream that you desire for yourself, your family, your business, your community, or the world and delve more deeply than you may have ever delved into how to bring it into fruition and make IT happen
*Dreams to Action Intensive Registration HERE
Dreamers’ Ball Chair: This year’s Chair of the event, Julie Mayfield, Asheville City Council and Co-director, MountainTrue, is a champion of resilient forests, clean waters and healthy communities in Western North Carolina. In 2015, she was elected to Asheville’s City Council after serving for many years on the City’s Multi-Modal Commission and Transit Committee. She has also practiced environmental law with the firm of Kilpatrick Stockton. Before attending law school, she worked for Amnesty International and other non-profit organizations dedicated to human rights, community service, and social justice.
Additional Artist Bio & Info:
Emmy nominated Kat Williams fills a void that has been severely neglected for years. She satisfies a yearning that a great percentage of music lovers have been waiting to be fulfilled; a return to emotive Truth and Honesty in music rarely found today. As so many of the greatest performers in history, vocalists like Ella Fitzgerald, Nancy Wilson, Nina Simone, Coco Taylor, Mavis Staples & Etta James. In 1997, Kat moved to Asheville, NC and soon took the town by storm, becoming the most sought after singer in the region. She bared her soul to the crowd, inviting audiences in for a glimpse of a truly phenomenal woman and an authentic, from the heart, performer. Years later, Kat’s musical philosophy is “I have no competition- I can only give you the best of me.”
River Guerguerian has been inspiring audiences with his ecstatic and versatile percussion for over 30 years. Whether playing with world-class symphonies or studio musicians, partnering with Grammy-award winning composers, or creating dynamic plays of rhythm for his own projects, River’s devotion and attention to the vibrant life of the drum reverberate through the mind and soul of the listener. Drawing upon his richly diverse experiences, River plays across a remarkable span of musical genres and traditions, both obscure and mainstream. His patient research and unrelenting passion have allowed him to develop a personal and masterful sound from Old World frame drums, Middle Eastern, Indian, Western, African and Afro-Cuban percussion instruments and more.
Chris Rosser Rosser illustrates his talent as an instrumentalist and composer in the world fusion trio Free Planet Radio. He plays the Indian dotar, sarod, Turkish cumbus oud, melodica, piano and guitar on their two CD releases New Bedouin Dance (2004) and The Unraveling (2008). In 2015, he began touring as the guitarist for renowned jazz singer Lizz Wright’s band. Rosser has won songwriting contests at the Rocky Mountain Folk Festival and the Merle Watson Festival, has showcased twice at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival and was a New Folk finalist at the Kerrville Folk Festival. In addition to performing, Rosser has produced and engineered over 200 CD projects for other artists in his Hollow Reed Arts recording studio in Asheville, NC.
From the heart of Appalachia, I,Star rises… Encompassing a core fusion of husband-wife duo, MC/poet Truth-I Manifest’s potent lyrical flow, and singer/songwriter Aradhana Silvermoon’s angelic melodies- with their stellar band’s profoundly funky prowess- I,Star’s performances are a dynamic interplay of hard-hitting rhymes weaving through evocative refrains, building to harmonies in the hooks. Their wholly original “folk-hop” carriage bears keen commentary on personal and global transformation, stewardship of the Earth, social justice, and love amidst it all.
A heart-felt “Thank You” to all our local Asheville sponsors who will help transform Om Sanctuary into a night of wonder “Curque Du OM” style, setting a precedence for an Annual Fundraiser that we won’t soon forget.
All proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit OM Sanctuary’s continued growth, campus restoration, program development, community outreach, and overall success of the nonprofit. This growth also includes new construction of a 1,500 square foot program space, breaking ground this year.
Questions? Email Crystal Starre [email protected] for more information.